Frequently Asked Questions
Is this book just for people with dental background?
It has some great information for dental professionals and is backed by references and resources provided in the end notes section. It is also not too "science-y" for the person who is not a dental professional, they will learn a lot too!
I am a dental professional who wants to run a book club at our clinic. How can I do that?
We have compiled a kit that furthers the learning process when it comes to oral health education. Get in touch on the contact page to order your kit that contains:
1. Books for each participant (purchased at reduced cost).
2. Worksheet with discovery questions for each chapter to enhance learning.
3. Professional Social Media posts for each chapter's discovery. These may be posted on Social Media platforms and to engage participants and educate audiences.
How will a person who is not familiar with dental lingo find value in the book?
Definitions, analogies and explanations and strategies are provided for individuals without a background in dental sciences. They will most certainly find value in its content.
Does the book give practical solutions that can be implemented immediately?
Most certainly! And to support that end, it provides some great talking points to discuss with your dental care provider to suit your specific needs.
How does the CE work?
1. Purchase your copy at Amazon
2.Know Learning Objectives (found here and with CE Approval company)
4. Email getyourspitto[email protected] to request link for CE quiz, do the quiz online
5. CE Approval company sends you your certificate
6. Follow your Regulatory Body's instructions on submitting for up to 4CE points
Learning Objectives for CE Activity
1. Gain understanding about health-promoting bacteria, disease-causing bacteria and the challenges that present when dysbiosis occurs in the oral cavity.
2.Realize how localized and systemic nutrition may affect one's saliva and promote disease or health in the mouth.
3. Learn how lack of saliva contributes to poor oral health outcomes, and how the condition is diagnosed and managed.
4.Discover the causes and effects of acidity and how to balance the mouth's pH to improve dental outcomes.
5.Understand how orofacial myfunctional disorders contribute to chronic mouth breathing and its detriment to oral and overall health.
6. Explore the adjunctive use of Oral Probiotics and how they can tip the balance toward better oral and systemic health.
7. Facilitate improved communication between patient and provider by opening up the conversation to the influence of saliva on individual outcomes. *Includes discussion on pediatric and geriatric demographics.